Parts for a Remington rolling block

Wanted to Buy Pre - 1898 Remington Firearms
derekb1987

Parts for a Remington rolling block

Post by derekb1987 »

Hello guys, gals,

Looking for a few parts for my 1870 or 1871 Remington rolling block Greek contract. I'm in search for the rear stock swing swivel and screws. Cleaning rod, and all three barrel bands. The barrel bands for the Greek contract rifles are the type that slip over the retention clips and do not have screws to tighten them. The middle band has a swivel. If you have or know anyone that may have any of these parts please let me know!

Thanks
oldremguy

Re: Parts for a Remington rolling block

Post by oldremguy »

You could try G.S. Womack his website is
www.rollingblockparts.com

or you could try ebay
do a search using remington rolling block and a lot of parts for rolling blocks will pop up.
I would think that the barrel bands for the Greek contract would be the same as used on
the .43 Spanish model rifles. Also I have seen rear stock swing swivel and screws on ebay also.

You could also try gunbroker sometimes people list parts for rolling blocks.

Have a Good Day,
Matt
derekb1987

Re: Parts for a Remington rolling block

Post by derekb1987 »

Oldremguy,

I've been checking Ebay everyday. I had a bid on a set of barrel bands but i was outbid. Haven't seen any since for a reasonable price. RollingBlockParts.com does not have any barrel bands in stock, i've emailed him multiple times. So at this point ill just keep checking Ebay i guess. I found a few parts so i'm now just searching for the three barrel bands and the cleaning rod.

Thanks,

Derek